Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Christmas

SEASON'S GREETINGS!

I love the Christmas season. I love the decorations and the music and the philosophy of peace and good will to all. I am not religious, but I even like the 'reason for the season' stuff. I think that if people find comfort in their religion, that's perfectly fine with me ... so long as they don't scream it in my face!

As you all mostly know, my decorations for Christmas are decidedly themed. Here are a few photos from years past of what I mean:




Yes, that is an artificial tree. I like my Christmas season to last as long as possible, so I am okay with a fake tree. Up close it is obviously not real, but you really need to get up close to it to know that. It's a great looking tree and I have had it for years. And yes, all of the ornaments are dog-related. Hundreds of them. Oh, yes!



And it's not just on the tree that we have this theme. There are Christmas stuffed dogs, five small trees, two to three feet high, also adorned with doggie ornaments, a series of great pewter dog ornaments that hang from the bookcases, dog snow globes, etc., etc. And of course ... the caroling dogs:


Aren't they cute? I have over 30 of them. So adorable.


But my cutest decorations of all? My real dogs. My guys are always decked out for the holidays. This year it is a western-style scarf with pointsettias, festive red and green on a black background, and they really are darling:


Whatever your holiday, enjoy this season, and have a Happy 2012!







No comments: