Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kurt Elling - Awesome

If I had to choose for my desert island, I would absolutely choose Kurt Elling.

Oh. Did I forget something in that question? I meant, a recording to have on my desert island, along with my wine and cheese and sunglasses, it would be just about anything from Kurt Elling. However, this particular performance is just fantastic. My Foolish Heart, and so much more. He is such an amazing singer. He is just incredible to see live, in concert. I would settle for the recording on my island, but I would kidnap Kurt to have him all to myself.

His band is pretty kick-ass, too.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will be at Spoleto Festival this year. He wasn't there last year, and he had been attending every other year for a while. I know he's bigger now - and nominated for another Grammy Award - but I will be pleased like all get out if he shows up.

If not, maybe this year's Montreal Jazz Festival. I now live just 90 minutes away from this great city to the north.

Warning: the very end of this You Tube video cuts off, but every second of your time is well-spent watching and listening to what's there. Enjoy.

No comments: