Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's A New Day

So here I sit, quoting will.i.am (did I just say that?) on this most wonferful of days. Happiness. My relief has morphed in the last days to simple, pure happiness. As my brothers and sisters at Joyce and Bill's inauguration party celebrated, I shared their joy and celebration of this special man as our president. It is so exciting to be able to say that my president is Barack Obama. I am still in awe that we did this. We did this, people! It is just incredible. Here is a photo of all of us today, celebrating with our new president (Bill kindly took the photo - thanks Bill! Our other host, Joyce, is right there at the bottom right of the big TV):




This is one happy group of people. And boy did we have a nice party. Great food, great drink, including a champagne toast to our new president, and really great people. I was honored to spend time with these good folks on this very special day. It was a long time coming, in more ways than one.


And when I wasn't enjoying the inauguration festivities, I was able to enjoy views like this from Joyce and Bill's living room:


Wow! As I said to Joyce, and her neighbors who have a similar view, how do you ever drag yourselves away from all that beauty? I have to admit that I do sometimes have similar issues with leaving my house, but that's because my dogs are just so damned cute!

One more thing. I haven't been to the White House website in a long, long time. There was no reason with Bush in office. Go and have a look now. It's a whole different world out there. I can feel it. http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Peace,

Denise

No comments: