Monday, April 27, 2009

My Nieces and Nephew

A number of years ago, when I was still working as a consultant, I was assigned to a project in Secaucus, New Jersey. At this project - the Mikasa SAP project - I met and have remained friends with some absolutely amazing people. It was without doubt the most fruitful time in my career, from a personal perspective. And despite the fact that I don't see many of these folks anymore on any kind of a regular basis, they remain, in my mind and in my heart, some of the great people that I have met in my life. We'll deal with just first names for now, but let me say that Allan and Patti, Brian and Randi, Tom and Dolores, Cindi and Pat, Helene and Sylvio (yes, in the same breath) - will always have a special place in my heart...and an open invitation to come visit me in the Adirondacks!

My friend Paul and I developed a very special relationship. It's almost like we were meant to be brother and sister, we have so much in common. Though we may not see eye-to-eye on everything - religion, sometimes politics - those instances are very rare. We love movies (we both used to review movies for our respective high school/college newspapers), we both have an affinity for writing (Paul was an English major, I was a Communications major, we both wrote obituaries for our local newspapers), we both love popular culture references (we are, after all, children of the television age).

So, it was not much of a surprise when Paul sent me some recent photos, and labeled them "photos of your nieces and nephew". So adorable. Paul and his lovely wife Nancy have three children: Alex, the only boy, little Andie (Anderson), no longer a baby at 4 years of age, and their first born, Molly the Beagle. Being the proud aunt that I am, I've decided to share some of these photos with all of you.

From left to right: Molly, Andie and Alex



Andie and Alex


Andie - I know what you're thinking, those of you who know Paul. "How did such a goofball produce something so beautiful?" ;-)

No comments: