Sunday, August 2, 2009

Yay Melissa

Melissa D'Arabian won The Next Food Network Star. I loved her from the beginning, even if she wasn't the most polished and didn't have the chef credentials. Her cooking was smart and always sounded flavorful and I believed that she knew what she was doing. She thought on her feet, and especially in the challenge when she had to prepare the three course meal for all of those culinary stars, she absolutely showed her metal, switching out the orzo for the potato, fixing the orzo when one batch was too salty. Making two pastries when one of the great and reknowned bakers of french pastry was right there in the room. She is definitely no wallflower. Going down to the wire she finally overcame her nerves and never freaked out when she found herself in a dilemma. And despite what the judges said, I think her story was the most compelling. I think she's very smart, and I do like smart.

Congratulations Melissa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree!! Melissa was one of the most competent people this season, and I am very glad she won!! Jeffrey was good but definitely in a "bon vivant" sort of way. Much like last season though,I will not be surprised to see him pop up in near and far on the Food Network (ala Adam Gertler).

Loving the blog,
Judy (username is a bit odd...)