Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Buddy and Pedro

Well, I can see why they would need to separate them, if they are trying to avoid the extinction of the species. And the separation is only temporary. But, based on how my guys react when they are separated - and even more telling, when they are together - I can totally imagine separation anxiety could prevent a successful coupling.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1085094--same-sex-penguins-must-separate-soon?bn=1

This morning, Homer came out of the bedroom, walked over to me, did a big stretch and yawn in greeting, and then trotted happily over to Atticus, who was still in his doggie bed on the chair. Homer reached his long neck up, Atticus bent down, and they snuffled each others' noses for the longest time. It was freaking adorable.

According to the stories that I have read, these two penguins are inseparable and have completely ignored the two female penguins that have been following them around. I wish them good luck, as I would hate to see this species fall into extinction, but I can imagine things not turning out as the zoo authorities hope.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Look at your boys...oh, what a beautiful bromance!