Saturday, November 15, 2008

The inaugural post

You see, for those of you who know me, you're probably thinking one of two things with the title of this post:

1) Jeez, here she goes with the Obama inaugural stuff already (requisite eye roll)

- or -

2) It's about time she started a blog.


But also, as those of you who know me well already know, I am usually late to the technical revolution. Yes, I understand how odd that sounds coming from a former software consultant. But it is what it is. And I say former software consultant as in "not currently consulting". I leave that option open for the future, but it is a back-burner reality for now.

I don't have all that much to say for my first blog post. Don't let that worry you, though. I am sure to have more to say as life goes on. I usually do. And I reserve the right to comment on whatever tickles my funny bone, or not so "humerus" bone, depending on the day.

I also haven't got a feel yet for how often I'll be posting here. I reckon often, but I'm new to this whole blogging thing, and I'm still working on the page itself, which is a totally fun thing to do. What should I link to that represents me and my interests? I've started with a few: The Daily Puppy, of course. Andrew Sullivan's blog, for now. There will be others. And I have a link here to my friend Darryl's blog over in Jay, NY. He's the one what got me started on my blog, so many thanks to Darryl, aka Dutch, aka my sister Deb's boyfriend. My posts will definitely reflect my location here in the tiny Adirondack/Champlain Valley town of Willsboro; Dutch's perspective is some 45 minutes closer to Lake Placid.

So, for those of you who find the blog? Enjoy! I hope to present more interesting and response-worthy posts in the future.

Oh, and you might be wondering about the fellas at the top of the screen. They would be my boys, from left to right: Fred, Miller, Boo and Bailey. Boo is no longer with us, but is definitely still with us in spirit. The winter is approaching fast and with the first significant snowfall we will all be thinking about how much he would have loved living up here. He was born to live in snow country.

Peace.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

Welcome to the Blog-a-spere. Nicely done. Keep us posted on the Lake Champlain weather as well.