Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Whew!

My pal Darryl's nightmare scenario will not come true. Ted Stevens has lost his bid for re-election to the U.S. Senate from Alaska. Darryl had posited that Stevens would win re-election and then be forced to leave the Senate once his appeals on his conviction on federal corruption charges were exhausted. At that point, Darryl had suggested the nightmare scenario that Sarah Palin would then appoint herself to complete the remaining 6 years of the term. The thought of that kind of visibility for this ultimate opportunist was too much to think about. Luckily, we can put that out of our heads; I still get shivers thinking about it. I figured she'd go back to Alaska and we wouldn't hear much from her again. Man, that voice could gag a maggot!

Bye Sarah. Don't let the door hit ya.

Of course, Stevens hasn't conceded yet, and there could be a recount. I shall not hold my breath on this one until the deed is truly done.

No comments: