Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Holiday Meal

We're right close to the big Christmas holiday. I have just made the cranberry relish (an absolutely wonderful recipe with whole fresh cranberries, tangerines and their zest, onions, garlic, ginger and brown sugar that I got from the Food Network). I served this at Thanksgiving as well and it was a big hit...with everyone but Dana! Onions and cranberries together? The horror. After a break I will be making the stuffing. I don't actually stuff the turkey anymore since it just seems too mushy coming out of the bird. I like a little crunch with my stuffing, so I'm putting it in the oven early this time.

I do turkey for both the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I'm not sure why. We used to do ham sometimes at Christmas, but I do like the turkey. Plus, I make ham and cabbage with potatoes several times through the year, so ham doesn't seem all that special, at least not to me.

Happy Christmas eve, everyone!

Denise

1 comment:

Dutch said...

As if living up here wasn't good enough - I get to eat this wonderful meal. Um um good!!