Monday, December 8, 2008

Well, I know it's been a while since I've posted anything. Had family for the Thanksgiving holiday, then Christmas decorations that HAD to get up ASAP as I like to enjoy a nice, long Christmas season.

Today Darryl came over to replace two ugly wall sconces with the two new ones that I purchased a while back. There is a wonderful lighting store up in Plattsburgh. I'm not allowed to go there anymore, as I am always tempted by their great variety of nice sconces and, therefore, I don't buy the cheaper stuff at Lowe's. I have two more sconces to replace, and I assure you, they will be from Lowe's or Home Depot.

So, in exchange for Darryl replacing these sconces, I made him lunch: cous-cous with olive oil infused with garlic topped by sauteed vegetables. I used what I had in the fridge: leeks, carrots, celery, heirloom cherry tomatoes sauteed in garlic, some onion and olive oil, finished with fresh thyme. Oh, baby. It was a very nice lunch.

Darryl hung out and we worked out a way to keep the guest room from getting too hot (it's heat zones, shared thermostats, too much baseboard heat, blah, blah, blah), and also checked out a few other things in the basement. When Dana got home from work we all headed over to the Turtle Island Cafe for dinner. It was 5 degrees out. At 6:30 in the evening. In early December. Brrrrrr.

Dinner, by the way and as always, was superb. It is just crazy that one of the best restaurants in the Adirondacks happens to be in my little town of Willsboro.

That's it for now. Stay warm!

No comments: