Wednesday, March 4, 2009

An Average Late Winter Day in Willsboro

It's hump day and a very nice day in Willsboro, New York. The sun's been shining much of the day, and Miller, Bailey, Fred and I have been watching the mud grow with each visit we make to the back yard. But I'm happy for the melt and am starting to look forward to thinking about spring. I've been trying real hard not to think of spring, since you never really know if the winter is just playing around with you up here.

When I brought the guys in a little while ago, I had to wipe off muddy paws (and Fred's belly) before I let them into the house proper: praise Enoch for porches! Miller and Bailey proceeded to their respective dog beds (actually, all dog beds are Miller's and Bailey just takes advantage when he feels like it - he prefers the leather sofa or loveseat), but Fred decided he needed to go on a tear around the living room/dining room. He started with a growl, sort of like this: Grrrrowl-er-rowl-er-rowl. And then he zoomed around the sofa, then the dining room table, around the sofa, down the hall, back around the dining room table, another time around the sofa and the table, and then flew into the club chair, where he has now settled into a ball on his fleece bed. So cute.

So, I hit the post office and the bank, checked the mail.

It's been a nice, quiet day.

No comments: