Saturday, March 14, 2009

Now I REALLY Don't Want Any More Snow

Boy was today a nice day in Willsboro. Actually, Dana and I started in Willsboro, headed to Essex for our twice a month visit to the transfer station (where we take the trash!), and then to Plattsburgh for some shopping. The shopping was mostly to get some supplies for gardening: chain, hooks and s-hooks to set up the lights for my seedlings, a couple of barrels for flowers or herbs. I almost picked up some more seeds, but seriously, I have LOADS of seeds. I will be getting the lights set up over the table where I will be starting my seeds tomorrow. This week I will wash all of the containers I've been saving in my 10% bleach solution to get them all ready. My plan is to try to get the tomatoes, peppers and rosemary in their pots by the end of the week. Then next week I'll start on other things, some vegetables, some flowers. I'm not in a huge rush because I can't put anything into the ground until I come back from Spoleto Festival after Memorial Day weekend. But having nice plants ready to go will be awesome. I can't wait to see how the garden grows!

No comments: