Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dramatic Vistas

Even though I am looking forward to spring, I do still appreciate the beauty of winter in the north country. My drive in to work today was beautiful, the snowfall from yesterday just enough to make everything pretty again, thick snow weighing down the tree limbs, mountains in the distance snow covered, the apple orchards dotted with tufts of snow on the bare but soon to be budding branches.

Here is a picture I took a few weeks ago of the drama inherent up here in the snow, and the melt. I don't have pretty pictures of the melt in my yard - that's mostly just mud. This was on the drive from Keene to Lake Placid on route 73. Striking, isn't it?



Yes, I will miss these pretty pictures of winter. But I suspect there'll be lots of nice things to see in the spring and summer, too. Plus, there's gardening!

No comments: