Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just Driving Around...


After our bi-weekly visit to the transfer station to get rid of our trash and recyclables and to say hello to the fellas there, Dana and I decided to go for a bit of a ride. We do this periodically, as I still feel quite new to the area and know that there are dozens of little roads that we haven't been down yet. I had my camera with me, which was cool, as we came across this lovely lady (photo above).

This pretty girl was on the other side of the house on our way by; I think she was taking advantage of the snow melt and grabbing at some of the grass at the edges of the house. It was, how shall I say, disconcerting to see a cow walking free like that in what pretty much amounts to a neighborhood. I saw lots and lots of this out west, but there are signs posted there, "Open Range", so you kind of know to expect this sort of thing there.

This is School Street in Essex. At the end of the road, as you get close to the end of the street as it dumps onto the main road in Essex, there is a schoolhouse. It's wonderful:

I gave Dana a grade of "D" for execution on this photo, as a little bit of cropping would have removed the sideview mirror from the frame, and given you a closer look at the building. But isn't it a great structure? I like to think it does get used in nicer weather; it clearly was abandoned for the winter.

No comments: