Monday, February 9, 2009

Winter Weather


I have always been of the mind that there was little point to cold weather if you didn't get snow along with it. This was the frustration for me of living in southern New Jersey in the last few years. We really didn't get any snow. The last snowfall of significance down there I remember pretty clearly. It was our first winter with Fred, and it was an amazing storm. I lost some really large branches from some of the many trees in my yard; others were laying on the ground for days with all of the snow on them. This is Bailey wondering where this snow-covered branch came from.

I mention this because we have a fair amount of snow on the ground right now but we don't have a forecast up here in Willsboro for any significant snowfall for the next ten days. And there are some days in these coming couple of weeks when the daytime temperatures are heading towards 40. In fact, on Saturday when I took the boys out for their last walk it was 41 degrees at midnight. It was downright balmy.

I'm not complaining yet, but I like snow with my cold. I think we might be heading toward the end of the snow for this year. Maybe. Who knows, though. The one good thing about the warmer temps over the weekend is that most of the snow that had accumulated on the roof came tumbling down. That was a good thing.

No comments: