Friday, February 27, 2009

Why Is It Hard To Leave My House?

There are actually a lot of reasons why. I really got lucky in finding this house up here in the Adirondacks. I wasn't considering this way east part of the park, what's known as the Champlain Valley. I had concentrated my search in the areas where we've spent most of our time when we vacationed up here: Jay, Keene, Keene Valley, Upper Jay. Being forced to expand my horizons was the best thing that could have happened in my search for a home. My little town of Willsboro is set right along the lake, Willsboro Point is surrounded by the beauty of the lake, and it's a short 7 minute ride to the Essex ferry to Vermont.

My house is kind of cabin-like and it sits back from the street, up on a hill amongst the tall pines. It's a great house with a great yard in a great town.

But all of that is not why it's hard to leave. This is why it's hard to leave:



These boys are so precious. I was sitting in my chair, uploading photos to my laptop when I looked up and found all three dogs with me in the living room, and Bailey was in one of the chairs. Bailey is not a small dog, but he thinks he is, and he manages to squeeze himself into one of the club chairs on occasion. Usually you find Fred in them, which is why I always keep little doggie beds on them. Miller has decided that he is too old to try to get up on the furniture anyway. He's such a smart boy.

Here are some close-ups:

Bailey, getting small. I think Bailey just wants to be like Fred, so he uses the 'think' system and just is small. Adorable.



Ah, Mr. Miller. He's almost 16, so he sleeps a lot. But he also just rests, too, his eyes open, looking around, keeping an eye on his brothers. And me. And he rests up so that he can romp a little when he goes out, or play some with Bailey, but mostly with Fred. He's a sweetheart of a dog.

I think I forgot to download the close-up of Fred in his bed on the chair, but I also caught him the other day laying on top of the chest in front of the loveseat, on a soft fleece, in the sun. Nirvana, to Fred. He loves, loves, loves the sun. He has loved the snow, too, but he really is a sun-worshipping boy. I'm sure he's looking forward to the winter being over.


So you see, lots to enjoy in my house.

No comments: